Chocolate, colored eggs, cute little bunnies?
Hi! This is Liz, the live on-site manager at A Storage Inn #10 in Luling, LA. Spring is almost here! Our flowers are beginning to bud and Easter is on its way!
Easter has always been an exciting time of year for me. I remember every year, when I was a child, my family would spend a few hours on Saturday night just before Easter Sunday coloring and decorating Easter eggs. We always had a lot of fun and an even bigger mess!
Did you know that you can really tell a lot about a person’s personality by the way they decorate their eggs? For example: My middle sister was very careful and always ended up with the most beautiful looking eggs you’ve ever seen, while my younger sister would plop her eggs into so many different cups, each with a different color, that they would end up with a multi-colored mess! My eggs were always pastel and colored with lots of flowers. I also remember that my mom enjoyed making special baskets for each of us that would be filled with candy and chocolates. She would hide each basket somewhere in the house, but leave a trail of marshmallows that went from our bed to where the basket was hidden. What fun!
These fun activities are just some of the things that usually come to mind when we think of Easter, but there’s more! These things aren’t really the reason we celebrate Easter every year.
As Christians, my family celebrates Easter for entirely different reasons than some people do. You see, about two thousand years ago, God sent His only son, Jesus, to live a perfect life, and to die for our sins! But Jesus did not stay dead; He arose from the dead! That is why many people call Easter, “Resurrection Sunday”, because that is exactly what it is.
With the changing of the seasons and some of our holidays over, your home may start becoming a bit too cluttered for your liking. I bet you have decorations from Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, Mardi Gras, Easter, and even Independence Day in boxes and bags in every room and closet in your house! At A Storage Inn, we have some tips to get your home back to normal, quickly and easily!
- Your first step is to rent a small self-storage unit, maybe a 5×10 or a 10×10. This should be the perfect size for holiday items. By renting a small unit you can store the once a year seasonal items, without wasting precious space in your home.
- Be sure to use strong, sturdy boxes or totes, and pack your fragile items in bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Make sure you tape your boxes shut tight and secure the lids on totes. These packing items may be purchased from our front offices at all locations.
- Make sure that the heaviest boxes are on the bottom and the lighter ones are on the top. If possible, make a walkway down the center of the storage unit so you can easily see and reach the items that you will need.
- Make sure you have labeled your boxes and totes clearly with the holiday the boxes are holding. Make sure you label “fragile” on the boxes with items that may break.
- As each holiday box is used, return it to the back of the unit. Rotate the boxes with upcoming holiday items to the front of your storage unit. This will save you lots of time and headaches!
- Don’t forget that your “holiday” storage unit can also be used to hide your Christmas presents. You may also want to set up a small table and a tote full of wrapping paper, gift tags, bows, tape, and pens so you can wrap those presents before bringing them home! Bring a trash bag to dispose of all your paper and ribbon scraps so your unit will stay clutter free.
As you can see, using self-storage is a great way to store seasonal items. When you are ready to start organizing your home and begin your seasonal storage plan, please contact us for more information and we will happily answer any of your storage questions!
Have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend and remember that our offices will be closed all day, Easter Sunday, March 27, 2016 and will reopen on Monday, March 28, 2016 to serve your storage needs. I can be reached at:
A Storage Inn#10
12843 Hwy. 90,
Luling, LA 70070